The Walking Tours of downtown Kalamazoo breweries from West Michigan Beer Tours and Discover Kalamazoo are offered year-round.
West Michigan Beer Tours is also happy to arrange a customizable private walking tour for groups of all sizes. Whether it’s a corporate outing, holiday celebration, birthday party or just a group of friends who want to learn more about the city’s beer culture, we’d be glad to help.
For those looking to book our public walking tours and who need help with overnight accommodations, please consider our discounted rate at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in downtown Kalamazoo, or contact our friends at downtown Kalamazoo’s historic bed-and-breakfast, The Kalamazoo House.
Please contact our general manager, John Liberty, at moc.sruotreebimtsew@nhoj or 269-350-4598.
Sept. 8 Itinerary
Origination: HopCat Kalamazoo, noon-1 p.m.
Stop 1: Arcadia Brewing Co., 1:15-2 p.m.
Stop 2: Boatyard Brewing Co., 2:15-3 p.m.
Stop 3: Bell’s Eccentric Cafe, 3:15-4 p.m.
Termination: HopCat Kalamazoo, 4:15 p.m.
Each tour will include:
– Origination at a craft beer bar/restaurant, brewery or other businesses, including Shakespeare’s Pub, Old Burdick’s Bar & Grill, Central City Tap House and more
– Stops at 3 featured breweries – with samples or pint at each stop
– Featured Breweries: Arcadia Brewing Co. Kalamazoo, Bell’s Brewery Inc., Gonzo’s BiggDogg Brewing Co., Olde Peninsula Brewpub, Rupert’s Brew House, Tibbs Brewing Co., Brite Eyes Brewing Co., Boatyard Brewing Co. and Final Gravity Brewing Co.
– Knowledgeable tour guide providing a history of Kalamazoo beer and the Michigan craft beer industry
– Stainless steel pint
– Registration will be at noon. Departure at 1 p.m. Tours officially conclude at approximately 4 p.m. The cost is $29 per person for the first 8 guests and $35 in advance for additional guests. It is $40 for guests purchasing tickets the day of the tour.
Take advantage of discounted overnight packages with some of our lodging partners, visit other local breweries, try some of our unique bars and restaurants, and meet many of our fantastic retailers. All tour guests may take advantage of our sponsor discounts available through our Mobile Mug Club.
West Michigan Beer Tours is dedicated to providing craft beer lovers with fun, flavorful and educational tours. Guests must be 21 to participate. We encourage every attendee to drink responsibly and have a designated driver. After each tour we will also provide access to a local taxi service. If any of our tour directors have reason to believe that a person is intoxicated prior to a tour, we reserve the right to turn them away. If a person is turned away due to intoxication no refund will be provided.
Tours will run rain or shine. Unless West Michigan Beer Tours cancels the tour, all tours are non-refundable.
What happens if I am late for the tour?
The bus will leave promptly at the scheduled time. Please arrive at the origination site at least 20 minutes ahead of time. If you are late we will not wait for you. There are no refunds.
What happens if I need to cancel?
All ticket fees are non-refundable. However tickets may be transferred to another passenger.
What happens if a tour is cancelled?
If a tour is canceled for any reason all ticket fees will be fully refunded.
Can I drink beer on the bus?
In most cases there is no drinking on the bus.
Can I bring a minor?
No – all tour participants must be 21 years or older. Please bring personal identification.
May I bring beer on the bus?
Only beer purchased from the participating brewers may be brought on to the bus. For most tours, no drinking on the bus will be permitted.
Will there be food included on the tour?
Light snacks (i.e. pretzels and chips) and water will be provided on the bus. For most tours food will be available for purchase at one or more of our brewery tours. Unless otherwise indicated, most tour packages will not include the cost of food at the stops.
What happens if I am late for the tour?